When it comes to in-home air quality, you should do everything you can to keep your family safe and comfortable. Dehumidifiers often go overlooked in this respect, even though they do so much to help improve your home’s air. Let’s take a look at a few of the reasons dehumidifiers are so valuable.
Benefits of Dehumidifiers
1. Dehumidifiers make your home less inhabitable to allergens, dust mites, mold, and mildew.
2. They go relatively unnoticed and run without much need for maintenance.
3. You can get rid of that “musty” or “rotten” smell that can result from mold or mildew.
4. Reduce the risk of mold on furniture, clothing, carpeting, and more.
5. They help you breath better by reducing irritation to your respiratory system.
6. Food stays fresher longer in a drier environment and metals will not rust or corrode as quickly.
7. You don’t have to clean as much because dehumidifiers reduce dust in the air.
8. Dehumidifiers helps your air conditioner run better, which reduces energy costs and helps you save money.
Clearly, dehumidifers help improve your home’s air quality in several ways. If you don’t already have one, it may be hard to know where your air quality stands. To make it clear, let’s go over a few signs that indicate it’s time to find a dehumidifier for your home.
Signs You Need a Dehumidifier in Your Home
1. There are water stains on the walls, floors, or ceilings of your home.
2. Rooms with poor ventilation often smell rotten or moldy.
3. There is frequently condensation building up on walls, windows, or ceilings in your home.
4. You notice black mold spots in dark, humid areas like showers, tubs, cupboards, and cabinets.
5. You live in an apartment with shared ventilation systems where mold and mildew can travel from one unit to another through the vents.
The number one reason to get a dehumidifer is to eliminate and prevent allergens from invading your home. Things like mold, mildew, and dust mites cause serious allergies to flare up. You may notice an increase in severity of symptoms like:
- Stuffy nose
- Itchy, red eyes
- Sneezing and coughing
- Skin rashes and irritation
If you notice your allergies acting up more than usual, then you should seriously consider buying a dehumidifier. It could mean the world to you and your family’s health and comfort.
If you have noticed that your home’s air quality is not at it’s best, contact us right away.
We are southeast Wisconsin’s premier heating and air conditioning company. From poor ventilation to air conditioner repairs, we’ve got you covered!